Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Glee... SAVE ME!!!

   Last week, watching verious videos on YouTube, I accidentally ran into a video of the Glee cast performing one or another of the "million" songs they've done. And guess what, I am now officially addicted. I know what you're thinking, stupid, right? Yeah, I think the best way to describe the show is that it's like High School Musical, except it deals with more adultish (okay, I get it... not a real word) issues and situations, some of which are very adultish. It's kind've a teenage soap opera.
   Anyhow, I happen to be one of those people who likes the dramatic. But what really has me stuck is the music. Ninety percent of the music is all covers of various types of music. Heres some of my favorites:
   -Micheal Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" sung by Grant Gustin and Naya Rivera:
   -Gym Class Heroes's "Stereo Hearts" sung by Samuel Larsen, Chord Overstreet, Amber Riley, and Dianna Agron:
   -Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" sung by Naya Rivera, Heather Morris, and Amber Riley:

   -Young the Giant's "Cough Syrup" sung by Darren Criss:
   "Cough Syrup" is definitely my favorite. And I love its placement in the show. The cutscenes show a young, man being harrassed and bullied to the brink of suicide. It hurts me so much to know that there are people out there who refuse to accept people for who they are and who go around hurting these people.

   What hurts more is that there are Christians who do this. We, as Christians, are called to love all people and to demonstrate God's love to them, and yet so many times we treat them poorly, no, that's not accurate. We abuse and revile them, and make them give up on life. We cause them to believe that no one cares about them, and that their homosexuality is their fault. We convince them that they are worthless and don't deserve life, when, in reality, they don't choose to be homosexual, and it's not their fault who they love. Well... thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment