Friday, May 4, 2012

Happiness!!!

   Okay, well, life's been great recently. To start off, I got a book from the library on Tuesday, and I've already finished it. Here's the post I made about it: http://livelovelearnanna.blogspot.com/2012/05/update.html. Yesterday, my choir went on our annual National Day of Prayer Courthouse/Nursing Home Concerts/Performances. I had a great time! It was so wonderful to be able to share God's love with everyone we met. What made it even more wonderful was what I heard about some of the responses various people received after our first nursing home performance; One of the lady's in the front row was crying she was so moved/joyful. One of the old guys gave the mixed ensemble a good-natured chuckle when they completely forgot the tune to the end of one of their songs and had to come up with several chords mid performance (I really didn't notice them mess up, but I guess they did).
   This one is the best... After our final song, some of us went to mingle with the residents. Then, on the bus ride to Burger King, Mrs. Aardahl said that one of the old ladies took her hand, kissed it, and proclaimed her a "holy blessing of God". Awww!!!
   So, then, what's making me so happy today is this; I WON!!! What did I win, you say? Well, I won a signed copy of the book "The Reckoning" by Kelley Armstrong from a contest on Y.A. Reads. I'm gonna have to check with Dad about whether or not I can read it though (we're not exactly big on werewolves, zombies, etc.). otherwise... SUPER HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment