Friday, May 4, 2012

"The Maze Runner" by James Dashner

   Well, I got a new book from the library to read on Tuesday: "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. Here's the description from the back of the book (because I don't feel like taking the time to write my own description):
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.
   And here's a YouTube trailer for it... WARNING: This trailer is kind of freaky and absolutely terrified me, so you might not want to watch it.
   I loved this book! It was very interesting and action-packed, and I just couldn't put it down. I've got to say, though, that parts of it terrified me, so I would suggest not reading this right before or at bedtime. I would also like to point out that Dashner (like most other authors of YA dystopian fiction do) changes several bad (or not-so-decent) words; "klunk" (poop/crap), "shuck" (I think we know what this one replaces, but if you don't get it... GOOD!), and "shank" (idiot, etc.). Also, it is one of those very violent books; lots of fighting, hatred, attempted murder, that kind of thing. But like I said before, I did enjoy "The Maze Runner"! It was really great, and if I had to choose between it and "The Hunger Games"... I honestly don't know which one I would choose. They're both on the exact same level of great for me! Well, I 've got more blog posts to make so...

No comments:

Post a Comment