Monday, July 13, 2015

Take My Dreams

   As many of you know, yesterday was my 18th birthday. In addition, this fall I will be going into my senior year of high school. And in all honesty, as I think about my future, I am filled with so many emotions, not all positive. I am scared. I am scared of the what-ifs and the I-don't-knows. I am scared that my life won't turn out as I want, and I'm scared that it will. I have so many hopes and dreams (and yes, that dreaded word, plans), but I'm afraid that I won't be able to reach for them, that I'm not good enough. I am just beginning to learn to surrender all of these things, my hopes and my fears, to the Lord. And while I am afraid of what the future holds, I am excited to see what God has in store for me. In light of that, the following song by Britt Nicole, has such a significant meaning for me as I approach the next year and the rest of my life:
I, I am small but
You, You are big enough
I, I am weak but
You, You are strong enough to

Take my dreams
Come and give them wings
Lord with You
There's nothing I cannot do


No comments:

Post a Comment